The world of Physical Therapy has progressed with advancements in technology and rehabilitation methods. The Physical Therapy experience has added effectiveness and more value than ever before for the patient. Here are some top physical therapy treatments to consider to expedite recovery and enhance the quality of life.
· TRAZER – Uses game like simulation to analyze, assess and improve recovery and predict future injury potential. This system covers patients across a wide spectrum which includes rehabilitation for sports & orthopedic injuries, sports training, concussions and senior health. When using TRAZER, patients may experience cardio, speed, jumping, stability resistance and a caloric work out. If a Physical Therapy clinic features the Trazer, consider making it your first choice, it’s just that impressive!
· Trigger Point Dry Needling – Involves inserting a very thin, flexible needle into a muscle knot, thus rebooting or simply allowing the muscle to relax. This method is spreading quickly due to the effectiveness of relieving pain and increasing range of motion. It’s a great way to break pain cycles.
· Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) – This treatment option uses specialized tools to apply pressure and massage soft tissue restrictions and areas of pain in order to stimulate the body’s natural healing response. IASTM is a great choice for those suffering from plantar fasciitis, sports injuries, tendonitis, muscle strains and more!
· On-Site Warm Water Aquatic Therapy – Performing therapy in warm water pools allows therapy to start earlier and often recover faster. Warm water increases blood flow, is soothing and relaxing and provides either low or high impact exercises. The buoyancy of water can reduce your weight up to 90% which can make rehab easier and very effective. Look for an aquatic therapy pool temperature to be between 94-96 degrees to gain the most benefits when suffering from back pain, sports & orthopedic injuries, arthritis, neurological impairments and more!
· Anti-Gravity Treadmill (AlterG) With this marvel of technology, your weight can be reduced by 80% in 1 % increments, so basically you are rehabbing in air! The AlterG works wonders when rehabbing hip, knee, foot and ankle injuries and neurological conditions.
Physical Therapy clinics differ by company, some are very basic or middle of the road, and some are like FYZICAL who utilize all of these services in this blog.
Find a physical therapy clinic who provides free consultations, like FYZICAL Therapy & Balance Centers of Omaha. Matching your needs to cutting edge expertise & therapy services!
“I had a great care and a great outcome at Fyzical. The staff was kind and knowledgeable. They worked with my very busy schedule and I discharged from their care feeling great!"
— Tracy L.
“When I first started at Fyzical I was recovering from fractured tibia. I was using a walker after having been in a wheelchair for about 3 months. I was able to graduate to a cane and now an able to go without the cane around the house or short distances. I only use the cane when walking longer distances. The staff at Fyzical are all very caring and professional. They are friendly and encouraging."
— Diane B.
“Went from bad pain in shoulder to no pain at all. I’m very satisfied with everything."
— David B.
“I had rotator cuff surgery in the spring. Following that surgery my shoulder was very weak and I was unable to move it without pain. I began me therapy with Fyzical and was amazed at how quickly my quality of movement improved with their help. I am now able to move with almost complete range of movement and have most of my strength back. I honestly believe I could not have attained this in less than 6 months with the staff at Fyzical."
— Nancy B.
“Initially I came in basically unable to walk. I could not put any weight on my left leg at all. After approximately 7-8 visits I was back to playing basketball. The staff was nice and friendly. They were absolutely amazing."
— Christian S
“When I came to Fyzical I had a lot of pain on my back. They work on my back and got me on the right track to get me healthy again. I recommend this place to anyone who has an issue that needs physical therapy. Thank again!"
— Alemenesh M.
“I had quite a bit of pain in the beginning had trouble with pretty much everything I did. Sleeping, sitting, and exercising. I found Fyzical, these people made me feel almost like new again. Thank you so much to Andra, she saved me. Amazing Place!"
— Deborah W
“Since starting therapy I am sleeping better, less headaches and an overwhelming feeling of energy again. I was going through a depression due to headaches and neck pain. When I first started my therapy at Fyzical, with Amy’s help I finally understand what was the cause of the headaches. The entire staff were so helpful and patient with me. I would recommend Fyzical to my friends needing physical therapy."
— Judy K
“When I first came in I was so Dizzy I wasn’t able to walk straight and was so bad I was also having trouble sleeping. After the first treatment I was better. The staff has been wonderful and has been very concerned with my wellbeing. I’m a true success story!
— Mona R.
“Everyone from the front desk and all the techs are the “Best”. I’ve done therapy at other centers and never achieved what these folks helped me to achieve! Highly recommend “Fyzical” therapy!"
— Jeff L.
We all know the holidays are a great way to build memories and traditions with your little ones but did you also know you can help your child learn and...READ MORE
Speech-Language Pathologists are specialists who evaluate and treat individuals who are diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) that have difficulty communicating and swallowing. Research has shown as many as 40% of...READ MORE
Most parents know our kids are spending too much time on their devices. Here’s some information for you to digest. Screen time includes the television, iPads, tablets,...READ MORE