The world of Physical Therapy has progressed with advancements in technology and rehabilitation methods. The Physical Therapy experience has added effectiveness and more value than ever before for the patient. Here are some top physical therapy treatments to consider to expedite recovery and enhance the quality of life.
· TRAZER – Uses game like simulation to analyze, assess and improve recovery and predict future injury potential. This system covers patients across a wide spectrum which includes rehabilitation for sports & orthopedic injuries, sports training, concussions and senior health. When using TRAZER, patients may experience cardio, speed, jumping, stability resistance and a caloric work out. If a Physical Therapy clinic features the Trazer, consider making it your first choice, it’s just that impressive!
· Trigger Point Dry Needling – Involves inserting a very thin, flexible needle into a muscle knot, thus rebooting or simply allowing the muscle to relax. This method is spreading quickly due to the effectiveness of relieving pain and increasing range of motion. It’s a great way to break pain cycles.
· Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) – This treatment option uses specialized tools to apply pressure and massage soft tissue restrictions and areas of pain in order to stimulate the body’s natural healing response. IASTM is a great choice for those suffering from plantar fasciitis, sports injuries, tendonitis, muscle strains and more!
· On-Site Warm Water Aquatic Therapy – Performing therapy in warm water pools allows therapy to start earlier and often recover faster. Warm water increases blood flow, is soothing and relaxing and provides either low or high impact exercises. The buoyancy of water can reduce your weight up to 90% which can make rehab easier and very effective. Look for an aquatic therapy pool temperature to be between 94-96 degrees to gain the most benefits when suffering from back pain, sports & orthopedic injuries, arthritis, neurological impairments and more!
· Anti-Gravity Treadmill (AlterG) With this marvel of technology, your weight can be reduced by 80% in 1 % increments, so basically you are rehabbing in air! The AlterG works wonders when rehabbing hip, knee, foot and ankle injuries and neurological conditions.
Physical Therapy clinics differ by company, some are very basic or middle of the road, and some are like FYZICAL who utilize all of these services in this blog.
Find a physical therapy clinic who provides free consultations, like FYZICAL Therapy & Balance Centers of Omaha. Matching your needs to cutting edge expertise & therapy services!
“When I came to Fyzical I had a lot of pain on my back. They work on my back and got me on the right track to get me healthy again. I recommend this place to anyone who has an issue that needs physical therapy. Thank again!"
— Alemenesh M.
“I am a 15 year old football, basketball, and track player at the Millard West who hurt my knee and over the last couple months therapy here has gone super will and the people here are super nice!"
— Joe B.
“Since starting therapy I am sleeping better, less headaches and an overwhelming feeling of energy again. I was going through a depression due to headaches and neck pain. When I first started my therapy at Fyzical, with Amy’s help I finally understand what was the cause of the headaches. The entire staff were so helpful and patient with me. I would recommend Fyzical to my friends needing physical therapy."
— Judy K
“Initially I came in basically unable to walk. I could not put any weight on my left leg at all. After approximately 7-8 visits I was back to playing basketball. The staff was nice and friendly. They were absolutely amazing."
— Christian S
“Came in with headache and vision that wouldn’t adapt to movement, poor balance, and couldn’t stand on one foot. Those are greatly improved and most symptoms have gone back to where I was before. All staff was great, patient and caring."
— Marcia D.
“I had quite a bit of pain in the beginning had trouble with pretty much everything I did. Sleeping, sitting, and exercising. I found Fyzical, these people made me feel almost like new again. Thank you so much to Andra, she saved me. Amazing Place!"
— Deborah W
“Everyone from the front desk and all the techs are the “Best”. I’ve done therapy at other centers and never achieved what these folks helped me to achieve! Highly recommend “Fyzical” therapy!"
— Jeff L.
“When I first came in I was so Dizzy I wasn’t able to walk straight and was so bad I was also having trouble sleeping. After the first treatment I was better. The staff has been wonderful and has been very concerned with my wellbeing. I’m a true success story!
— Mona R.
“After knee replacement I was in quite a bit of pain. PT was tough to start with but after a week or started to see a change. Along with at home exercising I now feel like I am able to exercise on my own. Surgery was 6 week ago."
— Mark K
“Riley was diagnosed with torticollis at 1 month old. He is a twin and the tight quarters only favored looking one direction so much he developed a knot in his neck muscle that was very visible as well as a flat spot on the side of his head. With PT it has made a huge difference in his behavior and interaction! By starting right away when we were diagnosed and working a lot with him at home it only took about 5 months and his back to normal with his head control and development. Krysta gave us stretches and exercises that were easy to do throughout the day with a busy house of 3 kids."
— Riley B.
Babies and toddlers learning to walk can be interesting to watch. They are determined to get to where they are going, however their legs have not mastered moving their...READ MORE
There is nothing more important than the shoulder joint. The precise coordination of the shoulder allows us to deliver the ball to its intended target with proper velocity to...READ MORE
Dizziness is a horrible symptom and those of you who have experienced it or now suffer from dizziness know you need help and fast. Dizziness caused by motion can be...READ MORE